To be eligible, a qualified donee must be one of the following:
- a registered charity (not sure? Check the CRA listings here),
- a municipality in Canada,
- a First Nation recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency as a public body performing a function of government (qualified donee),
- an educational institution, and
- the government of Canada or British Columbia.
The complete information is available on the Canada Revenue Agency’s website.
The CBT is not able to provide funding to ineligible groups via a flow-through arrangement with qualified donees.
If you have a project that you believe meets the mandate of the CBT and are not an eligible organization, please contact the office to discuss your project.