Join our team as an At-Large Director
February 2019 board meeting at Ty-Histanis
The CBT is seeking expressions of interest in a 4-year volunteer term as Alternate At-Large Director.
The CBT exists to support research, education and programs that advance conservation, the understanding of natural processes in the marine and terrestrial ecosystems and that promote the health of individuals and communities in the Clayoquot Sound Biosphere Region.
The CBT relies on the vision and strategic direction of a committed Board of Directors representing a diversity of experience, skills and interests supportive of the Clayoquot Sound UNESCO Biosphere designation.
What does a Director do?
- Bring vision, commitment and energy to making a difference in our region through the CBT’s work as a UNESCO Biosphere and the local community foundation.
- Bring knowledge, skills and interest in one or more areas of biodiversity conservation, sustainable development, reconciliation and governance.
- Be open to learning about the impacts of colonization in our lives, in our organization and in our region as we work to make CBT granting more equitable.
- Be an ambassador of the CBT and communicate with individuals and groups in the region.
- Demonstrate eagerness to work in a consensus and abide by the CBT constitution, bylaws, policies and guidelines.
- Youth are encouraged to apply.
The CBT board meets approximately eight times a year. Most of these meetings take place during the day on weekdays. We aim to travel to all communities in the region for meetings under usual circumstances, but the board is currently meeting virtually. Past experience as a CBT volunteer is appreciated. Orientation and training opportunities are ongoing.
Where can I find more Information?
Please contact Rebecca Hurwitz, Executive Director, to learn more about the role (250-266-0106; firstname.lastname@example.org). Up-to-date governing documents can be found on our board page.
How do I Apply?
Submit a letter of interest letting us know why you’d like to be considered and what types of experiences you draw from by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 8th via email to Rebecca at email@example.com.