Thank you to our incredible volunteers
It's #NationalVolunteerWeek and we want to lift up the incredible volunteers who propel CBT forward as a community-driven organization. In addition to our volunteer board of directors, the CBT relies on the advisory of numerous community volunteers who sit on grant evaluation committees and help support various CBT programs. We've organized our thanks below!
Sustainability Research, Education, and Training
- Sydney Inlet Remote Listening project - Jim Darling and Adrian Dorst have been long-standing volunteers for the Sydney Inlet Remote listening project (since 2014) and Jim continues to volunteer hours upon hours of expert advice for the Sydney Inlet Acoustic Refugium Monitoring project.
- Sustainable tourism initiatives: thank you to Cathy Thicke for her ongoing support for the CBT research program and volunteer time for sustainable tourism initiatives (in addition to being CBT Board co-chair)
- Sustainability in the Biosphere Field Course; Anna Atleo, Arlene Paul, Joe Martin, Moses Martin, and Moy Sutherland all contributed so much to course. While we provided honorariums, each of them generously gave much more of their time and knowledge (well over and above what we provided for). They truly made the course a transformative learning experience.
- CBT Research and Environment Committee: Thank you to the entire grant evaluation committee, and especially Denise Koshowski, Jenn Yakimishyn and Barb Beasely for being dedicated committee members for over a decade. Arlene Armstrong has also been a long-time dedicated volunteer, previously a CBT Board member.
Eat West Coast (Food Security Initiative)
Many thanks to the volunteers who:
- work at the Farmer's Market booths in Tofino, Ucluelet, and Ahousaht
- use their own time to bring food to more remote communities and families
- work in community and school gardens across all communities
- share their knowledge of west coast food: growing and harvesting sustainability in seas and on land, and preparing, cooking and preserving those foods
- contribute their knowledge and perspective to the Coastal Agriculture Round Table
Thank you to the volunteers who:
- Sit on the Arts & Culture, Youth & Education, and Community Development grant advisory committees
- Contribute their invaluable knowledge and language on the Coastal Family Resources Coalition Language Committee
- Facilitate so many amazing grassroots community projects and gatherings as members of the Neighbourhood Small Grants Committee - a special shout out to Jan McDougall!